Administrative Assistant – Logistics
The Administrative Assistant – Logistics reports to the Manager, Logistics & Planning and is responsible for the arrangement of local and international import-export logistics transportation of Diamond WTG Engineering & Services owned materials between shipping point and final delivery. This position is expected to optimize cost and meet delivery schedules servicing internal and external DWES customers. Cooperation with Field Services, Engineering, Project Management, and Commercial teams, this position assists with the coordination of cross-departmental efforts to ship materials as scheduled. Perform liaison communications with carrier, shipper and receiving point to document changes, delivery, non-conformance and claim settlement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Field Services, Engineering, Project Management, and Commercial teams to coordinate pickup and delivery of materials as scheduled
- Collect, validate, and provide all necessary details and documents to the buyers to place Transportation PO’s
- Prepare the contractual terms of export, import, and inland transportation services from air transport, sea transport, heavy haul transport companies, railroads, or other:
- Plan for all possible site conditions which could affect the on-time delivery of equipment and materials to the site.
- Be aware of Federal, State and Local laws, regulations and permits relating to the movement of goods over the highways, bridges and tunnels; and assure compliance to local/state/national/international statutes and requirements.
- Maintain solid supplier relationships with brokers, carriers and government agencies to facilitate communications of document requirements, purchase orders, receipt notices, and invoicing in regards to transportation logistics of materials.
- Resolve any claims that result from damage, delays or charges related to the export, import or inland transportation of equipment. Arrange purchase order revisions, invoice corrections or credits to avoid delays in commerce.
- Track, measure, and analyze all shipment activities with the objective of reducing freight cost and improving delivery time through load consolidation and return trip coordination
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance to company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all EHS policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) and/or 3+ years’ experience in heavy haul transportation and handling of equipment are preferred. Candidate must be familiar with the international set of trade terms (INCOTERMS) that defines exactly the responsibilities and liabilities of both the buyer and seller while the merchandise is in transit.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS products including Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language reading and speaking skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Strong interpersonal and written communications skills. Ability to work with all levels of the organization (hourly, management and officers)
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Excellent planning, project management, organization skills. Fundamental understanding of business and cost accounting principles.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.