Administrative Assistant – WT – Sweetwater
|Education Required:||Associates Degree or equivalent|
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves supervisor of clerical work and administrative and business detail by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Composes and types routine correspondence. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens manager’s telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates manager’s schedule and makes appointments.
- Greets visitors and introduces to appropriate area or person.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Manually count and verify inventory.
- And, perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: : Associates degree (AA) from two-year college or technical school; or at least two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.