Field Engineer – Operations & Reliability Specialist
|Education Required:||Associates Degree in Technical Field or Equivalent|
This position is to make use of scientific, engineering and mathematical theories in addressing the problems that arise at the wind sites and help the reliable operation of the machines. They should understand the technicalities involved in troubleshooting a particular problem as well as have the ability to develop and implement solutions appropriately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out research to find out the problem and develop solutions to present to management.
- Coordinate and implement trial run on developed solutions and new process.
- Collect data and analyses results for various operating systems within the wind turbine.
- Help in the installation process of new and advanced technologies implementing the requirements specified by the Engineering team and understanding the employee’s requirements.
- Monitor and track WTG fleet efficiency and reliability through fault analytics/trends, component wear (oil & grease sampling), Non Conformance Reports, and other available resources.
- Maintains reports to deliver routinely to management and other concerned employees of the company
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associates degree in technical field and/or minimum 6 years of experience in wind turbine field operations.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
Must be able to climb wind turbine ladders to extreme heights as required
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.