The Material Handler is responsible for the safe and efficient handling of materials received, stored and shipped through the Logistics and Operations Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Move merchandise by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment to maintain continuous flow of
- May be responsible for the unloading and stocking of incoming merchandise, picking of outgoing
merchandise and loading of outbound truck or trailers.
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise and enters data into remote PC system to ensure that ordered
merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective.
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise on pallets to enable merchandise to be relocated to appropriate Logistics and Operations center area.
- May operate a forklift to move and put away merchandise.
- Obtains customer orders identifying merchandise that has been requested. Fills merchandise order by selecting and moving merchandise from active slot into appropriate packaging container(s) in order to fill.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues.
- Resolve problems or discrepancies with help from immediate supervision.
- Meet department demands without sacrificing quality.
- Maintain an acceptable level of attendance based on attendance policy.
- Ensure safety techniques are used in all aspects of daily work responsibilities.
- Perform monthly compliance reports.
- Perform visual inspections of safety equipment and machinery.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility.
- Research parts identification from system database
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned within the guidelines of initial expectations.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Exhibit skills and attitude which demonstrate commitment to Company policies, principles and processes.
- Basic knowledge of use and operations of motorized merchandise movement equipment. Maintain annual certification requirements.
- Be in possession of valid state driver’s license.
- Continuous effort at the level represented by the handling of weighted merchandise, up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble shelving units and shipping boxes.
- Familiar with basic hand & power tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic rigging knowledge helpful.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum education requirement is high school completion and at least two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language reading and speaking skills. Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, stoop, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time. Ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below the shoulder level. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection
may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.