Manager, Quality Assurance
|Functional Area:||Quality Assurance|
|Education Required:||Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Technical Discipline from accredited college|
The Manager, Quality Assurance reports to the President & CEO and is responsible for leading and managing Diamond’s Quality Management System (QMS). Manage and/or coordinate the Quality Assurance activities to improve the Quality of Services. Key areas of responsibility include hands-on participation in the activities of Quality Assurance planning, budgeting, resource management, training, supplier evaluation, best practices, and continuous improvement. Lead and direct the work of others; expected to be a positive influence within a team environment.
- Responsible for building credibility, value, and the brand of the Quality Assurance within a matrix organization.
- Act as liaison between functional areas to drive the correct behaviors and decision making processes that supports an efficient, well-coordinated Quality Assurance, ultimately supporting the business objectives.
- Support Diamond strategic vision and business objectives by managing quality activities relating to Diamond management systems, services and associated activities.
- Plan, develop and direct the Diamond quality strategy and goals.
- Manage Diamond Quality Management System (QMS) processes and communications ensuring customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic Diamond quality approach and plans including required resources, systems, timing and financial impact to support, collaborate and integrate with Diamond’s annual business plan and long term strategy.
- Provide and co-ordinate technical direction to Diamond Quality Control Manager and staff.
- Manage an effective audit and surveillance program that demonstrates implementation of required contractual and regulatory requirements within Diamond, supplier facilities and project field sites.
- Collaborate, advise and team with Diamond management, project teams and other organizations to provide quality solutions in accordance with Diamond standards and needs.
- Document quality processes and policies, define and implement improvement opportunities, and monitor performance against established standards and goals.
- Lead or direct the determination of root causes of quality issues, development of corrective actions and recommendations, and implement process changes when appropriate.
- Establish, maintain and implement communications to increase awareness and improvement of quality issues across project field sites.
- Ensure continued communication of performance results to appropriate management personnel, teams.
- Work with customers and suppliers as necessary to ensure customer and Diamond satisfaction on situations impacting or involving quality.
- Perform staff management and administrative responsibilities for recruiting, performance evaluation, mentoring, skill development, disciplinary action, and salary staff.
- Manage staffing and budgetary performance and requirements to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Establish departmental performance goals and ensure process adherence.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Diamond Internal Functions:
- Staff Meeting Leader
- Update KPI Weekly
- Follow up with the actions assigned from the staff meeting
- Post a copy of the KPI onto SharePoint
- Document Control in SharePoint
- Issue a new Document number
- Review new documents
- Approve/upload new documents onto SharePoint
- Configuration Control on SharePoint
- Review the documents for latest revisions
- Review the proper revision changes
- Mange the NCR’s (Non Conformance Reports)
- Review the fault codes trend analysis
- Manage SharePoint access for users
- Monthly Project Site Compliance Audit
- FactoryMaster Access
- Add a new user
- Assign a group and site access
- Make sure proper access given to new users
- Deactivate user accounts
- Manage the Global Arch
- Monthly FactoryMaster part usage report
- Scheduled Internal Audits
- LRQA ISO Audits
- MHI corporate audits
- MHI Environment data and audits
- Project turnover meetings
- Provide Quality Assurance assistance as needed.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Apply effective written and verbal communication.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Travel (up to 25%) by land and/or air
Knowledge, Skills, & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Technical Discipline (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Quality Management…) from an accredited college. In addition an advanced degree in Business (MBA) is preferred. At least ten (10) years related experience and/or training in Quality Programs directly related to wind power generation projects and wind power generation component manufacturing environment and supplier quality management and control. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. At least 10 years management experience in quality programs.
- Personal Traits: Must be able to promote a positive and professional demeanor at all times by optimizing communications techniques and responses through various levels of the corporation. Must be results oriented, possess superior team building and coaching skills, excellent leadership and communication skills. Absolute requirement – individual must be a complete TEAM PLAYER.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong quality and problem solving background preferred. Ability to influence decisions and compel action in a complex environment. Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet, and word processing software, electronic mail, statistical software, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Certifications: ISO certified, Lead Auditor, Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) is highly desirable.
- Language: English is required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Routine office environment. Up to 25% travel. Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.