|Education Required:||Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering|
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for managing all aspects of assigned projects. Typically, each project will have a defined scope of work or a desired outcome in which case if no fixed scope is provided, the Project Manager is also responsible for developing such a scope of work along with budgets, internal approvals, customer approvals, engineering sign-off, and all other required approvals and documentation. Among other aspects of the position, this individual shall be directly responsible for scheduling, planning, and coordinating with various groups performing special project work at various wind turbine sites while working cohesively with field and customer personnel. This person shall have excellent communication skills and create, maintain, and present frequent status updates and reports in written, presentation, and verbal form.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop detailed scopes of work and accurate estimates related to costs, resource requirements, timelines, and material requirements
- Manage assigned projects to the approved project plan while preserving optimum profitability
- Accountable to Commercial Manager ensuring delivery to contract terms and providing updates, reports, and presentations as required
- Prepare and present documentation (presentations, engineering updates, project updates, customer presentations, status reports, turnover documentation, technical
- documentation, etc).
- Review and understand complex contracts, work scopes & division of responsibilities
- Read and understand Operation and Maintenance Manual, field procedures, and related technical information.
- Lead development of specific tool and parts requirements.
- Understand practices and procedures of wind turbine construction and repairs.
- Manage field operations personnel on special projects as assigned.
- Lead personnel at the job site in determining company responsibility and actions.
- Assign work to personnel as necessary.
- Lead and direct teams in the performance of special projects.
- Manage and ensure quality control is maintained during performance of work.Cooperate, negotiate, and correspond with Diamond clients and/or any other 3rd parties, as directed by leadership team, in a professional manner while representing Diamond in any business-related transactions.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of customers, management, and employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s of Science (BS) in Engineering from four-year College or university; and at least three (3) years related wind experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Ability to climb extreme heights, physically in good shape and able to pass Human Performance Evaluation and Physical.
- A mechanical/electrical background a plus.
- Relocation assistance not included.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.