|Education Required:||Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent|
Coordinate and administrator the safety programs for Diamond WTG Engineering & Services, Inc. Wind Turbine Group. Assure a safe and healthful working environment is maintained for Diamond team members and contractors. Ensure compliance to all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the coordination and administration of Diamond safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health
- Administration (OSHA) rules, regulations and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and corporate EHS policies;
- Assist with the coordination and administration of programs that train managers and employees on issues related to environmental, health and safety such as work site safety practices, emergency response and climbing;
- Audit Wind facilities to detect existing or potential environmental, accident and health hazards. Assist in the development of corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and report on and assure corrective actions are implemented;
- Assist with coordination and administration of programs and systems that track and evaluate worker injuries that include the compiling and submission of reports required by both Diamond and regulatory agencies. Assist with maintaining records of recordable, lost time, near misses then perform analysis and root cause and implement corrective action plan to reduce future occurrences;
- Represent Diamond on work site safety groups, meetings with on site management and assure site safety programs are adhered to by Diamond team members and subcontractors.
- Participate in contractor qualification process and assure contractors adhere to Diamond and site Safety Programs;
- Perform injury investigations and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for company use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations;
- Maintain working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and governmental agencies and/or regulators;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- This position reports to the Manager, Environmental, Health and Services. For all other Diamond operations, this position reports to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, Environmental Health & Safety, Wind Turbine-SCR operations
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve site and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit;
- Manage and communicate effectively with EHS subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
- Overnight travel (up to 50%) by land and/or air.
Knowledge, Skills, & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or at least six (6-8) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have working knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; risk management software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may climb wind towers, be exposed to weather elements and moving mechanical parts to perform the essentials of this job.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.