Specialist – Global Sourcing
|Education Required:||Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Business or Equivalent|
The Specialist, Global Sourcing reports to the Sr. Manager, Global Sourcing and is responsible for the sourcing functions required in support of the maintenance of wind turbines by the company. Discover as needed and qualify sources of supply for all inventoried materials, non-inventoried goods and services to meet the designated scope of work or supply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leverage value by implementing multiple sources of supply.
- Anticipate and resolve any quality issues or risks.
- Develop, manage and improve supplier performance, quality and relationships.
- Evaluate and assess supplier overall performance.
- Drive costs down for services, materials and component repairs.
- Negotiate and benchmark pricing and contracts.
- Work with Engineering group to identify and implement reliability improvements, new sources of supply, and component repairs
- Identify, submit and negotiate major warranty claims with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance of quality standards and assurances in materials and services.
- Publish and evaluate RFQ/RFP consistent with company policies.
- Develop and implement Sourcing Strategies for strategic commodities.
- Participate in cross functional teams and with suppliers to optimize availability of materials and prevent shortages.
- Other functions as determined by management.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Travel as required (10%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all EHS policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering from four-year college or university; or at least (7) years’ experience related to supplier management experience: including qualifying suppliers, negotiating pricing and contracts, managing supplier quality and warranty claims, etc.
- Computer Skills: 5+ years’ experience working with Oracle, SAP, or other mainstream ERP systems with focus on order management, spare parts supply management, service parts inventory management, planned, unplanned, and predictive maintenance management. Proficiency with ad-hoc query tools, Microsoft Office, Work management, inventory management, supply chain, financial, and scheduling software.
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language reading and speaking skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Strong interpersonal and written communications skills. Ability to work with all levels of the organization (hourly, management and officers).
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work independently of direct management oversight. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Excellent analytical, project management, negotiation, and presentation skills. Fundamental understanding of business and cost accounting principles.
- Certifications: Preference may be given to candidates that hold Industry certification such as APICS CSCP, or CPIM
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.