|Functional Area:||Field Service|
|Education Required:||High School or Equivalent|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
This position requires you to apply your electro-mechanical skills and experience in determining, performing, and inspection of maintenance and repair requirements for assigned Wind Turbines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform diagnosis and repair to Wind Turbines as directed by the Site Supervisor and prepare and maintain proper documentation to support the repairs, to include parts usage and time worked.
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs and maintenance functions provided by maintenance or repair sub-contractors. Prepare timely and concise reports regarding inspections to insure proper steps are taken to remedy any deficiencies.
- Interact closely with on-site maintenance sub-contractors providing guidance and training when applicable.
- Be proactive in regards to wind turbine counter measures or enhancements that may be needed and assist in the development of such procedure’s as required.
- Assist with installation and commissioning of Wind Turbines on an “as needed” basis;
- Assist with cost control management of the site to include: review of sub-contractor’s daily service reports which include hours worked and parts usage.
- Assure proper procedures are followed by sub-contractor during regular scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, or counter measure installations.
- Strive to keep maintenance costs low and quality high.
- Comply with all Safety policies and procedures and report any violation to the Site Supervisor immediately.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in effectively maintaining parts inventory to include initiation or continuance of inventory stock and issuance system for spare parts and defective parts control and communication.
- Attend training courses, seminars, or “on the job” instruction as directed by the Company.
- Travel up to and including 100% at the various MHI Wind maintained facilities across the United States.
- Must weigh 270 pounds or less due to fall protection equipment limitations. .
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- In order to safely complete vision requirements, technicians must be able to discern colors.
- Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum education requirement is high school completion and at least two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to climb extreme heights, physically in good shape and able to pass Human Performance Evaluation and Physical.
- A mechanical/electrical background a plus.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.