Wind Turbine Electrical Engineer
|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Provide technical support for Wind Turbine Electric Power Systems within Diamond Turbine Group Engineering Team, including but not limited to grid compatibility, turbine performance on the grid, low voltage and other transient stability, for Product Applications and Suitability Evaluations and Support, Product and Fleet Performance Support for Wind Turbine Electrical and Power systems. Apply and utilize various processes, tools, systems, internal and external technical communications platforms and protocols, as required to improve and optimize grid compatibility, turbine on-line capability, power quality and reliability, etc., fleet performance initiatives, communications, market recognition of turbine reliability. Drive electrical and power systems improvements, to improve reliability and reduce early failures, optimize availability, power generation, eliminate turbine faults.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Report and find solutions for any electrical issues concerning the WTG operation.
- Mitigate any conflict and optimize any issues which may secure the company’s profit.
- Analyze the WTG fleet operating conditions, make a plan for countermeasures, suggest ideas based upon experience and execute after approval.
- Assist the project sites or MHI for any technical issues in the process of Operation and Maintenance.
- Support mechanical engineering for all WTGs.
- Support the Quality, Procurement, Commercial and Construction team(s) for electrical engineering.
- Support any engineering issues of the manufacturing department at MHI WTG facilities.
- Make proposals of any innovative idea(s) for WTG system, work process, document control, and recommendation /review of documents related to the wind turbine system.
- Apply reasonable countermeasure(s) or troubleshooting technique(s), including decision tree logic analysis, route cause analysis, etc., in order to troubleshoot equipment and component failures, and make corrective action recommendations from the electric aspect.
- Cooperate, negotiate, and correspond with Diamond/MHI clients and/or any other 3rd parties, as directed by leadership team, in a professional manner while representing Diamond in any business related transactions.
- Review, make corrections and recommendations to electric engineering sheets or drawings which are prepared or originated by MHI prior to issuance to Diamond staff and clients.
- Assist in the manufacturer’s Production Control, check their manufacturing and delivery schedule•Conduct studies of wind turbine performance and operational data, both at sites and via remote monitoring systems; make recommendations on performance improvements, drive implementation of recommendations.
- Conduct inspections of wind turbines at sites for performance issues as required; review site daily reports for performance issues; issue improvement recommendations as appropriate.
- Complete necessary forms and reports regarding engineering of wind turbine as appropriate, and communicate engineering reports to MHI, Diamond Portland and elsewhere as appropriate.
- Protect MHI/Diamond Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform such other duties from time to time, as may be required and/or at the direction of the Company and/or its Leadership team, in a professional and timely manner.
- Education and/or Experience: Must have Bachelor’s degree (BA) or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university, at least 5 years or more Wind Energy experience, preferable but not mandatory; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Communication skills: Ability to work effectively with executive, management, and staff level employees with varying educational, professional, and cultural background using verbal and written communication.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Experience with Wind Turbines is a must.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.