Wind Turbine Mechanical Engineer
|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Provide technical support for Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) mechanical engineering. Maintenance service engineering for WTG fleet within Diamond WTG Engineering & Services, Inc. (Diamond) – Engineering Team. Engineering process for WTG construction, commissioning; fleet WTG service analysis. Analysis of the WTG operating condition, repair and remedy; quality control; and procurement. Support of development of Diamond Power system, in cooperation with Diamond and third party. Communicate with customers, developers and/or their engineering company as well as MHI regarding Diamond/MHI engineering matters. Support the maintenance and construction teams concerning WTG engineering issues. Experienced personnel for WTG operation, maintenance and engineering are preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Find solutions and report any issues concerning the WTG mechanical operation.
- Mitigate any conflict and optimize any issues which may secure the company’s profit.
- Analyze the WTG fleet operating conditions, make a plan for countermeasures, suggest ideas based upon experience and execute after approval.
- Assist the project sites or MHI for any technical issues in the process of Operation and Maintenance.
- To support electrical engineering for all WTGs.
- Support the Quality, Procurement, Commercial and Construction team(s) for mechanical engineering.
- Make proposals of any innovative idea(s) for WTG system, work process, document control, and recommendation /review of documents related to the wind turbine system.
- Apply reasonable countermeasure(s) or troubleshooting technique(s), including decision tree logic analysis, route cause analysis, etc., in order to troubleshoot equipment and component failures, and make corrective action recommendations.
- Cooperate, negotiate, and correspond with Diamond/MHI clients and/or any other 3rd parties, as directed by leadership team, in a professional manner while representing Diamond in any business-related transactions.
- Review, make corrections and recommendations to engineering sheets or drawings which are prepared or originated by MHI prior to issuance to Diamond staff and clients.
- Conduct inspections of wind turbines at sites for performance issues as required; review site condition reports for performance and design issues; issue improvement recommendations as appropriate.
- Complete necessary forms and reports regarding engineering of wind turbine as appropriate, and communicate engineering reports to MHI Nagasaki, Diamond Portland and elsewhere as appropriate.
- Protect MHI/Diamond Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Assist in the manufacturer’s Production Control, check their manufacturing and delivery schedule
- Perform other duties from time to time, as may be required and/or at the direction of the company and/or its leadership team, in a professional and timely manner.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering from a four-year college or university; a minimum of seven (7) years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Higher level of technical understanding as well as various phases of field engineering.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Communication skills: Ability to work effectively with executive, management, and staff level employees with varying educational, professional, and cultural background using verbal and written communication.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Local resident a plus.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.