Electrical Field Specialist
This position requires you to apply your knowledge and skills to train Diamond WTG technicians and designated construction subcontractors at designated wind turbine sites with an emphasis on electrical. A large portion of the job will require travel in order to assist sites with training, troubleshooting, maintenance, retrofits, or installation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform diagnosis and repair to Wind Turbines as directed by the Supervisor/Construction Managers and prepare and maintain proper documentation to support the repairs, to include parts usage and time worked.
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs and maintenance functions provided by construction, or O&M technicians. Prepare timely and concise reports regarding inspections to insure proper steps are taken to remedy any deficiencies.
- Interact closely with onsite maintenance technicians, or construction sub-contractor’s employees and provide guidance and training when applicable.
- Be proactive in regards to wind turbine counter measures or enhancements that may be needed and assist in the development of such procedures as required.
- Assist with the new installation and commissioning of wind turbines at any Diamond WTG site location as an “as needed” basis.
- Assist with cost control management of the site to include: Assure proper procedures are followed by maintenance technicians, or construction sub-contractors during installation, commissioning, scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, or counter measure installations. Assure proper procedures are followed by technicians, or T/A’s, to perform regular scheduled maintenance activities.
- Strive to keep maintenance costs low and quality high.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures and report any violation to the Supervisor immediately.
- Travel, as required to assist other sites with installation, commissioning, training, or maintenance tasks.
- Attend training courses, seminars, or “on the job” instruction as directed by the Company; benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- And, perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum education requirement is high school completion and at least (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Regularly required to stand and walk, and climb a ladder to heights up to 300’. Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in
Must be able to climb wind turbine ladders to extreme heights as required
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.