|Location:||Portland, Oregon; Snyder, Texas; or Houston, Texas. Home offices in other locations will be considered.|
|Education Required:||Bachelor’s Degree from an ABET accredited program or Equivalent|
This position provides office, on-site & up-tower technical support & direction related to the engineering, design, analysis, performance, improvement, operation, service, and repair of Wind Turbine Generators (WTG’s). A portion of this position requires travel to other Diamond and customer locations, and wind farms including climbing and detailed familiarity and understanding of WTG’s.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Projects, Services, Commercial, Supply Chain, Commercial, and Finance teams
- Communicate frequently with customers regarding engineering matters.
- Climb, inspect, and scrutinize WTG’s to optimize performance by providing solutions based on a comparison between theory, operation data and actual status of the WTG.
- Proactively find solutions and report issues concerning WTG operation.
- Analyze WTG operating conditions, implement countermeasures, and assess efficacy.
- Assist service and repair personnel with technical issues, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Prepare root cause analyses and innovate WTG improvements.
- Prepare, review, and make corrections to engineering sheets or drawings.
- Provide technical support for individual and fleet WTG preventative maintenance programs based on SCADA data as well as service reporting.
- Provide technical support for WTG performance analysis, optimization, predictive part failure, and corrective measures.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting, repair; and preparation of safe work instructions.
- Provide technical support for procurement specifications; quality control; non-conformance, re-specification or design; and test applications.
- Provide technical support for new product development, design, patent analysis, and patent filings.
- Perform other duties from time to time, as may be required and/or at the direction of the company and/or its leadership team, in a professional and timely manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all EHS policies, practices and procedures reporting unsafe activities
- Participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd
- Willing and Able to travel domestically at least 1-week per month and up to 50% of the time if required.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain certifications necessary to safely climb WTGs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Education
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BS) in any applicable engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program or program accredited by an equivalent agency; typically, five (5) years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications, Licenses and Training: Fundamentals of Engineering Exam passage preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English language, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and work procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Communication skills: Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams with varying educational, professional, and cultural background using verbal and written communication.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Office 365, sharepoint, database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Data Analysis: Demonstrated knowledge of using data extracted from Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems for determining and predicting failure modes and proactive counter measures preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
Often required to climb WTGs. Must be certified at all times to climb WTGs to extreme heights as required, discern colors, and meet weight restriction of 270 pounds.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.