Manager, Regional Operations
Reporting to the General Manager, Field Services, responsible for leadership, development, implementation, management, and planning of assigned projects. Utilize engineering principles, leadership, management skills, and customer communications to improve performance. In conjunction with Site Supervisors and other teams, manage schedules related to field activities. Manages Site Supervisors within their region to maximize site performance and profitability.
Working closely with the Commercial and other teams, market Diamond services to secure new business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performance of assigned projects including P&L;
- Direct Site Supervisors in the management of the day-to-day operations and leadership;
- Ensure optimized performance of Wind Turbines;
- Ensure effective training for Diamond WTG employees;
- Promote the safety culture, communicate lessons learned, and proper training;
- Lead teams with startup of new projects;
- Engage customers for new business;
- Meeting contractual obligations; financial, WTG performance, maintenance, reporting, and others;
- Lead field staffing activities and recruiting, coordinate with Human Resources ensuring timely and effective on-boarding and evaluation during the probationary period;
- Ensure effective maintenance of WTG’s including periodic site visits, maintenance audits (up tower and recordkeeping);
- Participate in and lead communications assuring applicable information is understood and available in a timely manner;
- Oversee planning and management of budgets and maintenance and service work;
- Manage Site Supervisors ensuring effectiveness.
- Work as a team with Diamond, MHI, customers, and other 3rd parties;
- Complete necessary reports as requested by the Company.
- Effectively manage inventory; issues, receipts, counts, accuracy, and condition.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
- Position requires 25% to 50% domestic travel
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Site Supervisors in Site Safety, including proper reporting.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, & Education
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and/or at least (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder to extreme heights. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.