|Education Required:||Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent|
This position requires a diligent Estimator to prepare detailed and accurate cost estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. The position provides detailed and accurate project estimates to inform business decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the project, its requirements, and determine key cost components.
- Gather first-hand information from sties, warehouses, and vendors to develop and document comprehensive cost estimates.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, labor hours, materials, equipment, and transportation.
- Create and submit estimate reports and/or bids to your department Manager; and other departments as requested.
- Provide consultation on Project planning (schedules, labor, equipment, permits, risk, confidence level of estimates, etc.).
- Develop and maintain actual to estimated variance reporting to enhance the accuracy of future estimates and to facilitate project reporting.
- Maintain and update a database of project estimates.
- Enter data in an enterprise resource planning system (SAP) and/or other data systems as directed by the Company.
- Attend training courses, seminars, or “on the job” instruction as directed by the Company.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all EHS policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Finance, Accounting or related Business field, from four-year college or university; or at least five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, enterprise resource planning systems (i.e., SAP), spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.