The Project Foreman has a solid background in the field of wind turbine generators (“WTG”). Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others, make quick decisions, and be responsible for the successful performance of on-site work performed by the Project team.
As a member of the Project team, you will be a working member of the on-site Project team, working hand in hand and as part of the crew performing the work up-tower. A Project Foreman must put safety above everything else and be well organized.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Routinely climb WTGs (with or without lifts or climb assist equipment) and weigh 270 pounds or less (due to fall protection equipment limitations);
- Comply with all Safety policies and procedures and report any violation to your Supervisor immediately;
- Engage in Project Planning to ensure manpower, resources, and other Project assumptions are adequate;
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and the Project Plan, including but not limited to: allocation and assignment of general and daily responsibilities, timely producing daily and weekly crew schedules, crew attendance reports, and project status, including schedule delays.
- Assure proper safety and work procedures are followed by crew during execution of assigned Project;
- Timely produce detailed daily reporting and maintain adequate documentation/records (including check sheets, punch lists, photographs, and event notices) of project status, including the use of vendors and subcontractors.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and subcontractors regarding safety, schedule, problems and solutions;
- Assist with cost control management of the Project. Review vendor and sub-contractor daily service tickets which include hours worked and parts usage. Daily, document receipt of goods and services from vendors and subcontractors and enter required information in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system as directed. Strive to keep costs low and quality high;
- Travel up to and including 100% at facilities across the United States;
- Attend training courses, seminars, or “on the job” instruction as directed by the Company;
- Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using confidential information in a way that benefits third parties;
- Safely instruct third parties to not video tape or take pictures of the Company tools or Company personnel performing work. Report all such incidences to the Director of Projects;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
- Be responsible for the safe and successful performance of work performed by the crew up-tower or down-tower. Assure the job site, including the WTG, is as clean or cleaner than the found condition. Document with photographs.
- And, perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company;
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as Site Safety Officer for assigned field operations and comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- In order to safely complete vision requirements, you must be able to discern colors;
Knowledge, Skills & Education
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum education requirement is high school completion and at least three to five (3-5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience for the work being assigned.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder (with or without lifts or climb assist equipment) to heights up to 300’, routinely work at height in WTGs, discern colors and meet body weight restriction of 270 pounds or less. Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.