|Location:||Palm Springs. CA|
|Functional Area:||Field Service|
|Education Required:||Associates Degree or Equivalent|
This position is to support the regional and project managers develop budgets and track those budgets throughout the calendar or fiscal year. To assist and advise the projects on regulatory compliance issues and assure document control for the purpose of audits. Interact with project owners/utilities. The Asset Manager will also advise the project on contract compliance and assist the commercial team in contract negotiation and scope of work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all commercial agreements and customers associated with project companies.
- Oversee execution of all contract documents/agreements for assigned existing owned projects or third party contracts.
- Oversee owner responsibilities on renewable energy projects.
- Oversight and coordination with the O&M team, creating monthly reports for the Senior Management, project owners and utility off takers. Creates reports as needed for the Regional Manager, Area Manager & Plant Manager to maximize the efficiency and profitability of the projects he is assigned to.
- Prepares production, availability, variance reports, and other ad hoc reports as required..
- Provides other company personnel with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities. Cross-functional coordination activities throughout the organization as conditions necessitate.
- Interface with the Technical Services Group regarding all technical aspects of Asset Management.
- Assistance on major repair cost replacement, payback analysis, and miscellaneous financial analysis that are performed on a daily basis to maximize return on assets
- Proactively monitor and evaluate project availability and production and advise regional and project manager to key data findings for the purpose of quick improvements..
- Monitor, evaluate and respond to system conditions to avoid or minimize future issues which will negatively impact the wind turbines.
- Support and direct site personnel in the performance issues and service activities to restore system performance of turbines.
- Record, log and maintain accurate records of events occurring on the wind energy projects to ensure valid information for reporting purposes and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop reports from SCADA, CMMS, time card and accounting data to determine trends and patterns for the purpose of supporting the regional and project manager to develop efficiencies and corrections.
- Advise regional and project manager on contract compliance.
- Advise regional and project manager on NERC, FREC, OSHA, FCC, FAA and EPA compliance.
- Work with commercial team with contract negotiations and operations scope of work.
- Ability to work independently, responsible and with limited direction and supervision.
- And, perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Site Safety Officer for assigned field operations and comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum education requirement is Associates degree (AA) from a two-year college or technical school and at least (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder to heights up to 300’. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
- Interested applicants should return to the Careers Page and submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter using the link provided for that position.